Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Kirk Whalum Nabs Babyface For Tribute CD

Saxophonist Kirk Whalum has decided to go to the source for his upcoming album of Babyface songs. Whalum has confirmed that Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds will sing on the song “I Said I Love You” on Kirk’s project tentatively titled Kirk Whalum Performs the Babyface Songbook. The ballad was first released on Babyface’s 1996 album called The Day.

Babyface joins an impressive list of guest musicians on the CD, including fellow vocalists Gabriela Anders and John Stoddart, trumpeter Rick Braun, guitarists Chuck Loeb and Norman Brown, bassist Christian McBride and keyboardist Ricky Peterson.

Here are the CD's 12 songs: “Whip Appeal,” “Breathe Again,” “Exhale,” “I’ll Make Love to You,” “When Can I See You,” "Can We Talk," "For the Cool in You," "Betcha Never," "Someone to Love," "Not Goin Cry," "I Said I Love You" and "Wey U."

Kirk Whalum Performs the Babyface Songbook will be available on Oct. 4.

No comments: